Tuesday 15 January 2008

"Take her up the Oxo Tower"



One of the best set of restaurant reviews you are ever likely to come across. Sent to my by Gilly.

A genuine set of reviews from London Eating:

"I took my work colleague up the OXO Tower recently; let’s call him Andy for the sake of anonymity, as a thank you for work well done during the previous year. Having been there many times before with other people, I was a little surprised at the nervous trepidation clearly displayed by Andy before entry. But the nerves soon subsided after the first course. We were joined later by some friends and Andy was clearly into the swing of things by this point.

The Oxo Tower is often underrated but never overstated. Highly recommended."

George

--------------------------------

"When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was! I mean, yeah, so it's a bit of a strain on the old back pocket, and I admit I did feel a bit uncomfortable initially. But a couple of cocktails helped me relax and soon I was really getting into it - we carried on well into the night. It was a great experience and I really loved it - so much so that I won't let my boyfriend take me anywhere else now! So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!"

Rachel

---------------------------------

"I agree with Rachel - Last Friday evening I tried to take my girlfriend up the Oxo Tower but unfortunately we found it was completely full, so despite our best efforts, we just couldn't get in. I even greased the odd palm in the hope of slipping in without too much of a fuss, but I didn't want to push it. .

The next weekend we planned ahead and I have to say, the whole thing was much smoother. Of course, it was still a bit of a tight squeeze, but we took our time, didn't rush in, and to my delight, we got inside.

One piece of advice: if you've never been there before, you might be a bit put off by the surroundings - sometimes you might find a few rather unattractive-looking hangers-on near the entrance but my advice is just keep your eyes firmly on the front door and before you know it, you'll be safe inside.

So go on - give it a try. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I know we'll be going back as often as we can."

Jason

-------------------------------------

I wish I could think of something that was as funny as these... Bugger.

1 comment:

Animal Lover said...

I was cruising the Southbank one day just killing time, with my Dog. It came to me all of a sudden, I don't need someone else to take me up the Oxo Tower...I had all I needed.

So off I went. I asked a passer by to hold my dog whilst I slipped inside for a quickie. No smooth talking needed, No fuss, no explaining needed and no one else was waiting.

I didn't have much cash but had just enough so emptied my wallet. The perfect finish.

The passer by was a bit put out afterwards, just through the dog lead at me and shook his head. Some people just don't have an open and community spirit these days!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin